Thursday, June 14, 2018

REVIEW: My Dearest Hurricane by Morgan Nikola-Wren



Title: My Dearest Hurricane
Author/s: Morgan Nikola-Wren
PublicationDate:  August 28th 2017
Publisher:Luminarium Press
Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 71
imooo
“To all the loves I've weathered on the way to where I am...and especially to the ones who keep checking to see if I've written about them.”
Morgan Nikola-Wren, author of “Magic with Skin On,” returns with her second poetry collection, an honest, amiable tribute to lovers turned strangers.
imooo
Few months ago, I started following Morgan Nikola-Wren in Instagram and since then I have been dying to get my hands on her poetry collections. Due to luck, I won in one of her contest. So the author sent me a copy of both her collection. One of the collections is My Dearest Hurricane. I immediately dived into it, and honestly, it was beautiful, full of emotions.

My Dearest Hurricane it’s divided into four different parts: The Stirring, The Downpour, The Wreckage, and The Repair. Each part gave out distinct feelings in which you’ll surely feel it deeply. I only had problems with the first part since I cannot quite get myself to connect to it. It somehow, not entirely, failed to tap something inside of me.

The dark, but exquisite words will struck your heart completely. Morgan is a talented writer and she managed to pour her feelings and emotions to every piece of her poetry. It’s been days since I finished the collections but the deep feelings that it left me are still here. I must say that you can really differentiate her from all other poetry writers, and for that, she deserves more recognition.
For poetry lovers, I suggest you try reading her collections. Below is a sample (my personal favorite):

“i've combed my fingers
through each moment,
but still can't say exactly
when your name stormed its way
into my smile”
imooo
4stars
imooo
16486613Morgan Nikola-Wren began writing poetry for various literary periodicals in 2013. She is a winner of the Pangaea Worldwide Poetry Slam, 2016, and has published two books of poetry. Her debut book, Magic with Skin On, received a Goodreads Choice nomination for Best Poetry Book of 2017.
Morgan is perpetually searching for new favorite words, more black clothing, and the perfect design for her next tattoo. She currently splits her time between Los Angeles, and traveling with her husband's circus.
 Find her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/morgannikolawren, follow @morgannikolawren on Instagram, or visit www.morgannikolawren.com.


imooo




No comments:

Post a Comment